Thursday, January 14, 2010

Things I learned from 2009

Here are ten things I learned in 2009 (previously posted on facebook):
#10 - Teaching children to want to do well in school is HARD!
#9 - Teaching children to respect their parents (or anyone for that matter) is HARD!!
#8 - Learning/studying something new at my age isn't as hard as I thought it would be (I passed my test and am now an ICC Certified Permit Technician!).
#7 - A new kitchen is totally worth the price!
#6 - Movies are rarely worth the new movie ticket price, but Star Trek was awesome!
#5 - Being patient with the little annoyances is almost harder than handling the bigger traumas.
#4 - Having a child become an adult can make you start to feel old, but having your eyesight change definitely does!
#3 - Blogging is not really a good substitute for keeping a journal, but it's better than nothing and it's fun to share (I finally updated mine - a lot!).
#2 - Walt Disney World is just as great with just adults as it is with kids!
#1 - When I feel all alone, and that the Spirit is far away, I learned that it's me that has pulled away. As soon as I do what I know I should, especially pray and exercise faith, I feel close to the Spirit and the Lord again.

My new year's resolution is to keep a better journal, a cleaner house, and a calmer temper.

No comments: